Gur Para Recipe - How to Make Gur Pare -
Step by Step Recipe
Gur Pare / Gud Pare Recipe
Prep Time: 30 mins | Cook time: 30 mins | Makes: 4 cups
- 2 cups Wheat Flour (you can substitute with all purpose flour)
- 1/2 cup Powdered Jaggery
- 1/4 cup Water
- 4 tbsp Melted Ghee
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder
- Oil for deep frying
- Take water and powdered jaggery in a bowl.
- Heat until the jaggery dissolves completely.
- Turn off the flame and let it cool.
- Combine the wheat flour and cardamom powder in a mixing bowl.
- Add slightly heated ghee and mix well to get a breadcrumb like consistency.
- Then add the melted jaggery water to the flour and mix.
- Make a firm dough by adding normal water little by little.
- Cover the dough and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Knead the dough and divide into 6 - 7 equal portions.
- Roll the dough ball into a thick circle.
- Cut the rolled dough into diamond or square pieces.
- Repeat the same process with all the dough portions.
- Heat oil in a pan for deep frying.
- When the oil becomes hot, reduce the flame to low.
- Gently drop the dough pieces in the hot oil.
- Deep fry them on a low-medium flame until brown color, turn over to fry on both sides evenly.
- Drain them on paper towels and let them cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.